A headboard really frames your bed and sets the tone for your bedroom. Some headboards end up costing you more than what you paid for your mattress and can be a bit pricey! I’ve come up with some budget friendly ideas while making your own custom headboard. Breaking your piggy bank is not a pre requisite for stylish interiors!
1. Recycle old wood and nail them together. Exposing the nails is an eclectic touch! Add some flair with a painted inspirational word or favourite song lyric. If you are religious, you could even paint your favourite passage like “John 3:16″. If you are a romantic you could get your partner in on the fun and have them paint a cute message or some xoxo’s.
2. Who knew tin could look so chic? All you need to do is get some recycled tin that they use for houses and draw out a stencil of the shape you want it. Have a professional welder cut it to be percise… and safe.
3. Shutters can add a quick fix to a boring bedroom. Keep it rustic like this picture or paint it in a high gloss colour like hot pink, rose, or teal!
4. French inspired bedrooms often have a lot of charm and character. Try reclaimed wood doors in their natural form. The raw element adds a romantic touch! Add oversized Euro sham pillows and a lace or cotton bed skirt. Keep all in earth tones and fresh linen white. Gorgeous!!
5. For a fun approach, try salvaging an old convenience sign! With a bit of a clean and maybe a touch up of paint on the letters, this vintage sign will soon be the life of your bedroom!